If you are looking for the best Bhai Dooj wishes and messages to send in 2024, this is the place to be.
Bhai Dooj, also known as Bhau-Beej, Bhai Tika, or Bhai Phonta, is a heartwarming Indian festival that celebrates the bond between brothers and sisters. It occurs on the second lunar day of Shukla Paksha (bright fortnight) in the Hindu month of Kartika, which typically falls in late October or early November.
The festival of Bhai Dooj shares a historical relevance tracing back to the times of Lord Krishna and his sister, Subhadra. It is said that after killing the demon king Narakasura, when Lord Krishna visited his sister, she welcomed him with aarti, sweets, and applied a protective tilak on his forehead, a gesture which established the tradition of Bhai Dooj.
On this day, sisters apply a sacred tilak or teeka on their brothers’ foreheads and pray for their long lives, while brothers give gifts and promise to protect their sisters. The celebration symbolizes love, affection, and the lifelong bond between siblings.
Best Bhai Dooj Mubarak Wishes and Messages
Here are 9 heartfelt Bhai Dooj wishes and messages you can share:
- “May this Bhai Dooj strengthen our bond more than ever and bring joy and prosperity. Bhai Dooj Mubarak, dear brother/sister!”
- “Dear Brother/Sister, may this auspicious occasion bring you all the prosperity and good luck in your way of life. Bhai Dooj Mubarak!”
- “Praying for your long life and good health on this Bhai Dooj and always. Have a blessed Bhai Dooj!”
- “You can understand things I never said. You can understand the pain which is not visible to anyone. You are the best brother/sister! Bhai Dooj Mubarak to you.”
- “May this Bhai Dooj add sweetness to your life and bring you endless joy. Bhai Dooj Mubarak!”
- “May this Bhai Dooj we all celebrate it with even more love and protection for our sisters and brothers. Bhai Dooj Mubarak!”
- “Bhai Dooj is festival of prayers from sister to brother, brother’s protection for her sister. May we all celebrate this Bhai Dooj with even more love and protection for our sisters and brothers. Bhai Dooj Mubarak!”
- “Best wishes on this Bhai Dooj. May the beautiful relationship we share flourish into an even better one. You mean the world to me, dear brother/sister. Bhai Dooj Mubarak!”
- “Like the love of Lord Krishna for his sister Subhadra, all brothers should love their sisters and like the blessings of Subhadra for his brother Krishna, all sisters should always pray for their brothers. Bhai Dooj Mubarak!”
Bhai Dooj is indeed a perfect time to celebrate and cherish the bond that siblings share, thanking the divine for granting us with such beautiful relations.
Bhai Dooj Mubarak to all!